3 Day Loop Tour
Ride a loop trail around Hawke's Bay - Puketapu - Napier - Havelock North - Ahuriri.
- Puketapu to Ahuriri via river & Estuary Trails
start at Puketapu and cycle to Ahuriri 26km or via Bayview 43kms – Overnight Ahuriri
- Ahuriri to Havelock North
via the scenic Coastal trails – 30-45kms – Overnight Havelock North
- Havelock North to Clive/Pakowhai
via the Winery Trail – 35-50kms
You will really enjoy riding and seeing the highlights of Hawke’s Bay on our 3 day Tākaro Trail Loop tour around our easy, flat cycle trails. You will see stunning scenery, visit acclaimed wineries, and see those cool little places that only locals know about.
DAY BY DAY BRIEF:
Day 1: Meet us at our shop in Ahuriri, Napier 9am or 12pm (depending on your travel arrangements). Jump in our shuttle to travel to Puketapu for the start of your 3 day cycling adventure. You will cycle the Puketapu river trails to Taradale (visit Church Road and Mission Estate wineries) and then connect with the Ahuriri Estuary water trails to get back to our base in Ahuriri. If you want extra riding then add in a diversion to Bayview on the inland lagoon farm trails and back to Ahuriri via the Westshore coastal cycleway – another 15km.
Day 2: Starting in the Art Deco glamour of Napier City ride along the stunning coastline of Marine Parade to the mouths of the regions three rivers the scene is ever-changing. You will cycle past Black Barn, Te Mata Estate (stop for wine tasting) and the iconic Arataki Honey (NZ’s biggest manuka honey producer). Finish today by heading to one of the many renowned restaurants in Havelock North for a tasty, fresh dinner.
OPTION: take a diversion at Black Bridge and spend your afternoon relaxing at the Cape Kidnappers wineries (Elephant Hill, Clearview Estate and Te Awanga) before riding to your Havelock North accommodation.
Day 3: Start the day with a ride through the city of Hastings before enjoying a pleasant amble through flat farmland to the world acclaimed Ngatarawa Gimblett Gravels appellation. There’s much to enjoy as you spend some time visiting the cellar doors of some of the regions finest wineries including Sileni Estates, Oak Estate, Trinity Hill and Te Awa.
Take your time, ride along the Ngaruroro River bank trail to the village of Clive. check out the pub there while waiting for your pick up and transfer to your night’s accommodation.
Tour price (without accommodation) $375pp standard bikes | $495pp e-bikes
Tour price (with 2 night’s accommodation) approx. $585-655 per person (price depends on dates & accommodation choice).
Price based on 2 people with double accommodation. NB: surcharge for twin share and single room.
Choose from the following accommodation levels:
Standard motor lodge | Superior boutique hotel/B&B | Luxury – please contact us for options!
- Three days self-guided riding awesome cycling routes on the HB Trails
- Route maps and online support with trail info
- 2 nights accommodation (breakfast optional – $15-27pp)
- Quality pathway bikes (or pay for an ebike upgrade), helmets, panniers
- Van shuttle rides on specified days (if needed)
- Airport pick up or carparking while you are away
- Moving your luggage from place to place
- Full back-up and support while on the trails (if you get a flattie or bike not quite right)
restaurant lunch & dinner recommendations and bookings
EXTRA add on’s
- Extra night! Pre or Post tour to make it a real holiday (price on request)
- E-Bike upgrade – from $40pp per day
- Activities – Gannet Tours, Art Deco Walking Tours