3 Day Loop Tour
Ride a loop trail around Hawke's Bay - Puketapu - Napier - Havelock North - Ahuriri.
- Taradale to Bayview to Ahuriri via Estuary & coastal Trails
start at Taradale and cycle to Ahuriri via Bayview 35kms – Overnight Ahuriri
- Ahuriri to Havelock North
via the scenic Coastal trails – 35-45kms – Overnight Havelock North
- Havelock North to Clive/Pakowhai
via the Winery Trail – 35-50kms. Visit the famous HB Farmers Market if this day is on a Sunday!
You will really enjoy riding and seeing the highlights of Hawke’s Bay on our 3 day Tākaro Trail Loop tour around our easy, flat cycle trails. You will see stunning scenery, visit acclaimed wineries, and see those cool little places that only locals know about.
It’s a food and wine experience with a little bit of riding to keep the balance (so you feel good about eating and drinking more the next day)! BOOK an E-Bike and make it super cruisey!
Make it really special – we can arrange lunch and dinner reservations at one of the top Hawke’s Bay restaurants – there are a lot of incredibly good dining places to experience here. Check your options here.
DAY BY DAY BRIEF:
Day 1: Meet us at our shop in Ahuriri, Napier 9am or 12pm (depending on your travel arrangements). Jump in our shuttle to travel to Taradale for the start of your 3 day cycling adventure. You will cycle to Taradale (visit Church Road and Mission Estate wineries) and then connect with the Ahuriri Estuary water trails to get to Bayview on the inland lagoon farm trails and back to Ahuriri via the Westshore coastal cycleway.
Day 2: Starting in the Art Deco glamour of Napier City ride along the scenic coastline trails of Marine Parade to the mouths of the regions three rivers. You will cycle past Black Barn, Te Mata Estate (stop for wine tasting) and the iconic Arataki Honey (NZ’s biggest manuka honey producer). Finish today by heading to one of the many renowned restaurants in Havelock North for a tasty, fresh dinner.
OPTION: take a diversion at Black Bridge and spend your afternoon relaxing at the Cape Kidnappers wineries (Elephant Hill, Clearview Estate and Te Awanga) before riding to your Havelock North accommodation.
Day 3: Start the day with a ride through the city of Hastings before enjoying a pleasant amble through flat farmland to the world acclaimed Ngatarawa Gimblett Gravels appellation. There’s much to enjoy as you spend some time visiting the cellar doors of some of the regions finest wineries including Sileni Estates, Oak Estate, Trinity Hill and Te Awa.
Take your time, ride along the Ngaruroro River bank trail to the village of Clive. check out the pub there while waiting for your pick up and transfer to your night’s accommodation.
Tour price $180pp PLUS 3 days bike hire – standard bikes $130pp OR E-bikes $240pp (OR bring your own)
PLUS 2-3 nights accommodation (depending on your travel arrangements) = approx $150* per person per night
Accommodation pricing based on Crown Hotel in Ahuriri, Napier and Porters Hotel in Havelock North (OR arrange your own accommodation – link here for examples). * Price based on 2 people in a studio room, subject to dates & availability.
NB: Package may not be available public holidays and event weekends – call us to check 06 835 9030.
Tour price includes:
- Three days of self-guided cycling on the best cycle trails in Hawke’s Bay.
- Dedicated cycle trail maps and online support with trail information.
- 2-3 nights’ staying at a superior Hawke’s Bay accommodation provider.
- Quality pathway bikes and/or e-bikes, helmets, bike locks, panniers + for an extra $10 receive a gel seat cover, reusable water bottle, bike insurance & a mobile phone holder.
- Van shuttle rides on specified days.
- Airport pick up/drop off or carparking while you are out enjoying the cycle trails.
- Full back-up and support while on the trails (if you get a flattie, battery issues, directions -get the world renowned total Tākaro service).
- Winery lunch bookings, wine tasting recommendations & restaurant recommendations and bookings.
- Extra night! Pre or Post tour to make it a real holiday (price on request)
- Activities – Cape Kidnappers Gannet Colony Tours, Art Deco Napier City Walking Tours