4 Day Baycation
Stay in Napier for 3 nights plus get 4 days riding the trails.
- Napier to Havelock North
via the coastal trails including Black Barn, Te Mata Estate wineries – 40kms – Overnight Napier
- Winery Ride – Explore Gimblett Gravels – 7 Wineries
via Pakowhai, river and Winery Trails – 35-40kms – Overnight Napier
- Ahuriri Loop with Taradale wineries via Ahuriri Estuary and Bayview to Church Road and Mission Estate Wineries – 35-40 kms – Overnight Napier.
- Napier Day – explore the Art Deco city or take a Safari Tour to Cape Kidnappers to see the iconic gannet colony. You choose.
Experience the true essence of Hawke’s Bay with four day’s riding the HB Trails (with shuttle rides back to your accommodation), 3 nights in one place plus time to really relax and explore Napier.
You will really enjoy this total break holiday – ride the best 3 HB Trails plus get three nights accommodation in one place around Napier. You will see great scenery riding the trails, visit up to 12 acclaimed wineries, plus have the option to include extras like a special night out at a 5 star restaurant.
Ride an E-Bike – $40pp per day.
DAY BY DAY BRIEF:
Day 1: A day of diversity! From the Art Deco glamour of the Napier CBD to the moody coastline of Marine Parade and the mouths of the regions three rivers the scene is ever-changing. You will cycle to Cape Kidnappers past three of the best wineries – Elephant Hill, Clearview Estate and Te Awanga.
Day 2: Start the day with a shuttle to the city of Hastings before enjoying a pleasant amble through flat farmland to the world acclaimed Ngatarawa Gimblett Gravels appellation. There’s much to enjoy as you spend some time visiting the cellar doors of some of the regions finest wineries including Sileni Estates, Oak Estate, Trinity Hill and Villa Maria. We can will pick you up and transfer you back to your Napier accommodation from anywhere along the trail today.
Day 3: This morning is spent cycling the water trails, a favourite with visitors and locals alike. Cycle up the coast from Ahuriri, passing the popular surf beach of Westshore and out to Bayview and Crab Farm winery. Cycle through the lagoon farmland and Ahuriri estuary to Taradale. A visit to New Zealand’s oldest winery, The Mission Estate, and the vibrant Church Road winery is a ‘must do’ before joining the fast cycle trail along the river out to Puketapu pub. Time for a drink before our shuttle gets you back to the start.
Day 4: You choose:
Visit the iconic gannet colony with an Overland Gannet Tour from Clifton to Cape Kidnappers with Gannet Safaris Overland (available from 1 September- 30 April $95pp) OR spend the day exploring the historical Art Deco city of Napier. Do a walking tour and hear the stories from the 1931 earthquake which devastated the city.
Tour price (without accommodation-arrange your own) $460pp standard bikes | $600pp e-bikes
Tour price (with accommodation) from $830-895pp (price depends on dates & accommodation choice).
Price based on 2 people with double accommodation and depends on dates & availability. NB: there may be a surcharge for twin share or single room.
Choose from the following accommodation levels:
Standard motor lodge | Superior boutique hotel/B&B | Luxury – please contact us for options!
- Three cycle tours over 3 days
- 3 nights accommodation in one place
- Scott pathway bikes, helmets, panniers, maps
- Van shuttles out and/or back to accommodation every day
- Activity and restaurant recommendations and bookings
- Full support while on the trails.
EXTRA add on’s
- Stay another night – add on pre or post tour accommodation
- E-Bike hire – $40pp per day
- Winery Restaurant lunch and dinner bookings
- Activities – Gannet Tours, Art Deco Walking Tours
- Subject to terms and conditions – read here.