4 Day Break Tour
A great break! Stay in Art Deco Napier for 3 nights and have 3 days riding the trails.
- Napier to Havelock North
via the coastal trails including Black Barn, Te Mata Estate wineries – 40kms – Overnight Napier
- Winery Ride – Explore Gimblett Gravels – 7 Wineries
via Pakowhai, river and Winery Trails – 35-40kms – Overnight Napier
- Ahuriri Loop with Taradale wineries via Ahuriri Estuary and Bayview to Church Road and Mission Estate Wineries – 35-40 kms – Overnight Napier.
- Napier Day – explore the Art Deco city or take a Safari Tour to Cape Kidnappers to see the iconic gannet colony. You choose.
Experience the true essence of Hawke’s Bay with three day’s riding the HB Trails, 3 nights accommodation plus a bonus day to really relax and explore Napier.
You will really enjoy this total break holiday – ride all 3 HB Trails and truly experience the historical Art Deco Napier city over three nights.
You will see great scenery, visit up to 12 acclaimed wineries, plus have the option to include extras like a special night out at a 5 star restaurant.
Ride an E-Bike – $40pp per day.
DAY BY DAY BRIEF:
Day 1: A day of diversity! From the Art Deco glamour of the Napier CBD to the moody coastline of Marine Parade and the mouths of the regions three rivers the scene is ever-changing. You will cycle to Cape Kidnappers past three of the best wineries – Elephant Hill, Clearview Estate and Te Awanga.
Day 2: Start the day with a shuttle to the city of Hastings before enjoying a pleasant amble through flat farmland to the world acclaimed Ngatarawa Gimblett Gravels appellation. There’s much to enjoy as you spend some time visiting the cellar doors of some of the regions finest wineries including Sileni Estates, Oak Estate, Trinity Hill and Te Awa.
OPTIONS FROM Te Awa:
1. Get back on your bike after lunch and cycle the Ngararuro River trail back to Napier (30km from Te Awa winery) OR
2. Take a long lunch at Te Awa, and our shuttle will pick you up and transfer you to your Napier accommodation. Shuttle ride must be pre-booked with your tour.
Day 3: This morning is spent cycling the water trails, a favourite with visitors and locals alike. Cycle up the coast from Ahuriri, passing the popular surf beach of Westshore and out to Bayview and Crab Farm winery. Cycle through the lagoon farmland and ahuriri estuary to Taradale. As you cycle through through this unique wildlife sanctuary, reflect on the fact that before the big earthquake of 1931 all this area was a vast tidal inlet encompassing thousands of hectares of wetland, marshes and mud banks. A visit to New Zealand’s oldest winery, The Mission Estate, and the vibrant Church Road winery is a ‘must do’ before joining the fast cycle trail along the road back to the start.
Day 4: You choose today:
1. Visit the iconic gannet colony with an Overland Gannet Tour from Clifton to Cape Kidnappers with Gannet Safaris Overland (available from 1 September- 30 April $95pp).
OR spend the day exploring the historical Art Deco city of Napier. Do a walking tour and hear the stories from the 1931 earthquake which devastated the city.
Tour price from $750 per person (Final price depends on dates and accommodation choice).
Subject to terms and conditions. Price based on 2 people with double accommodation. NB: there may be a surcharge for twin share or single room.
Choose from the following accommodation levels:
Standard motor lodge $750 per person
Superior boutique hotel/B&B $850 per person
Luxury $350-550/room – please contact us for options!
- Three cycle tours over 3 days
- 3 nights accommodation
- Scott pathway bikes, helmets, panniers, maps
- Van shuttles out and/or back to accommodation every day
- Activity and restaurant recommendations and bookings
- Full support while on the trails.
EXTRA add on’s
- Stay another night – add on pre or post tour accommodation
- E-Bike hire – $40pp per day
- Winery Restaurant lunch and dinner bookings
- Activities – Gannet Tours, Art Deco Walking Tours
- Subject to terms and conditions – read here.