5 Day Loop plus Self-Guided Tour
5 Day Holiday with 4 Days self-guided riding on the LOOP trail - the best tour to explore the entire region
- ARRIVAL Day – explore Napier
Travel via car or fly direct. We will meet you and take you to your accommodation in Ahuriri, Napier.
- Ahuriri to Taradale Estuary Trails incl Mission and Church Road wineries
start at base or and cycle to Ahuriri via Bayview coastal trails 35-45kms – Overnight Ahuriri
- Napier to Havelock North
via the coastal trails including Black Barn, Te Mata Estate wineries – 35kms – Overnight Havelock North
- Tukituki Loop – including Craggy Range Winery and Cape Kidnappers
via Tukituki river, ride right past top wineries, Elephant Hill and Clearview Estate – 45-50kms – Overnight Havelock North
- Winery Ride Bridge Pa to Pakowhai – explore Gimblett Gravels wineries
via river trails, many wineries to visit – Oak Estate, Silenis + more – 40-50kms
Book an independent 5 Day Cycle Holiday that includes routes for 4 days self-guided riding. You choose the dates you want to come and all the inclusions you want – it’s a flexible tour, perfect for couples or groups of friends. We provide bookings, back up and support. Experience the true essence of Hawke’s Bay – explore the entire region.
You will really enjoy this total break holiday – ride the best 4 HB Trails plus get one -two nights accommodation in Napier and 2 nights in Havelock North so you can check out the best two places for restaurants and accommodation. You will see great scenery riding the offroad trails, visit up to 12 acclaimed wineries, plus have the option to include extras like a special night out at a 5 star restaurant or a visit to the unique Gannet Colony.
BOOK an E-Bike and make it super cruisey!
DAY BY DAY BRIEF:
Day 1: ARRIVAL Day – we recommend starting your tour on a Wednesday so you can still be here on Sunday to visit the famous Hawke’s Bay Farmers Market click here on every Sunday morning. If you arrive early enough today you can jump round to Napier City and take the 1pm Art Deco Walking tour to find out a bit about our cities fascinating history OR go shopping in the many boutique shops before heading to one of the great restaurants here for dinner. Check your options here.
Day 2: Meet us at our shop in Ahuriri, Napier 9am or 12pm (depending on your travel arrangements). Jump in our shuttle to travel to Taradale or cycle from our base for the start of your 4 day cycling adventure. You will cycle to Taradale (visit Church Road and Mission Estate wineries) and then connect with the Ahuriri Estuary water trails to get to Bayview on the inland lagoon farm trails and back to Ahuriri via the Westshore coastal cycleway – another 15km.
Day 3: Starting in the Art Deco glamour of Napier City ride along the stunning coastline of Marine Parade to the mouths of the regions three rivers. You will cycle past Black Barn, Te Mata Estate and Village Vineyards (stop for a wine tasting and lunch) and the iconic Arataki Honey (NZ’s biggest manuka honey producer). Finish today by heading to one of the many renowned restaurants in Havelock North for a tasty, fresh dinner.
Day 4: An awesome backroad experience with incredible views and even better wineries. Cycle from Havelock North to Cape Kidnappers past four of the best wineries – Craggy Range, Elephant Hill, Clearview Estate and Te Awanga, riding the Tukituki Loop. Start early and get to Clifton by 1.15pm to catch the tour bus to Cape Kidnappers to visit the Gannet Colony. A renowned and unique wildlife experience…Overland Gannet Safaris. Choose this option as an extra when booking with us.
Complete the tour and ride back to Havelock North for a relaxed evening at the vibrant village.
Day 5: Start the day with a quick tour through the city of Hastings before enjoying a pleasant amble through flat farmland to the world acclaimed Ngatarawa Gimblett Gravels appellation. If it’s a Sunday, visit the Hawkes Bay Farmers Market click here on every Sunday morning. Get some goodies to take home.
Once you reach the wineries, spend some time visiting the cellar doors including Sileni Estates, Oak Estate, Trinity Hill and Roosters Craft Brewhouse. We will pick you up around 2pm and transfer you to your night’s accommodation or airport/car so you can carry on to your next destination.
Tour price $240pp PLUS 4 days bike hire – standard bikes $170pp OR E-bikes $320pp (OR bring your own)
PLUS 3-4 nights accommodation (depending on your travel arrangements) = approx $150* per person per night
Accommodation pricing based on Crown Hotel in Ahuriri, Napier and Porters Hotel in Havelock North (OR arrange your own accommodation – link here for examples). * Price based on 2 people in a studio room, subject to dates & availability.
NB: Package may not be available public holidays and event weekends – call us to check 06 835 9030.
Tour price includes:
EXTRA add on’s
- Four days of self-guided cycling on the best cycle trails in Hawke’s Bay.
- Dedicated cycle trail maps and online support with trail information.
- 4 nights’ staying at a superior 4.5 star Hawke’s Bay accommodation provider.
- Quality pathway bikes and/or e-bikes, helmets, bike locks, panniers + includes the upgrade package – a gel seat cover, reusable water bottle, bike insurance & a mobile phone holder.
- Van shuttle rides on specified days.
- Airport pick up/drop off or carparking while you are out enjoying the cycle trails.
- Full back-up and support while on the trails (if you get a flattie, battery issues, directions -get the world renowned total Tākaro service).
- Winery lunch bookings, wine tasting recommendations & restaurant recommendations and bookings. There are a lot of incredibly good dining places to experience here. Check your options here.
- Extra night! Pre or Post tour to make it a 5 day holiday (price on request)
- MORE activities – Cape Kidnappers Gannet Colony Tours, $96pp Art Deco Napier City Walking Tours $35pp
Subject to terms and conditions – read her