NEW! 4 Day Combo Tour
Stay in Art Deco Napier, ride all 3 HB Trails plus get an extra day to experience more of Hawke's Bay.
- Napier to Havelock North
via the coastal trails including Black Barn, Te Mata Estate wineries – 40kms – Overnight Napier
- Winery Ride – Explore Gimblett Gravels – 7 Wineries
via Pakowhai, river and Winery Trails – 35-40kms – Overnight Napier
- Ahuriri Loop with Taradale wineries via Ahuriri Estuary and Bayview to Church Road and Mission Estate Wineries – 35-40 kms – Overnight Napier.
- Art Deco and Gannet Day – take a Safari Tour to Cape Kidnappers to see the iconic gannet colony and do a walking tour with Art Deco Napier
Experience the true essence of Napier with three day’s riding the HB Trails to visit wineries plus a bonus day to see Cape Kidnappers and explore Napier.
You will really enjoy this NEW combo tour – ride all 3 HB Trails and truly experience the historical Art Deco Napier city over three nights and a day trip to the stunning Cape Kidnappers.
You will see great scenery, visit up to 10 acclaimed wineries, plus have the option to include extras like luxury accommodation or a special night out at a 5 star restaurant. All shuttles are included.
Ride an E-Bike – HIRE SPECIAL on NOW…FREE for August and September, HALF PRICE for October and November. Normally $50pp per day.
DAY BY DAY BRIEF:
Day 1: A day of diversity! From the Art Deco glamour of the Napier CBD to the moody coastline of Marine Parade and the mouths of the regions three rivers the scene is ever-changing. You will cycle past Black Barn, Te Mata Estate (stop for wine tasting) and the iconic Arataki Honey (NZ’s biggest manuka honey producer) and Origin Earth where you can taste artisan cheese to go with your wine. A great way to finish today is to head to one of the many renowned restaurants in Napier for a memorable dinner.
Day 2: Start the day with a shuttle to the city of Hastings before enjoying a pleasant amble through flat farmland to the world acclaimed Ngatarawa Gimblett Gravels appellation. There’s much to enjoy as you spend some time visiting the cellar doors of some of the regions finest wineries including Sileni Estates, Oak Estate, Trinity Hill and Te Awa.
OPTIONS FROM Te Awa:
1. Get back on your bike after lunch and cycle the Ngararuro River trail back to Napier (30km from Te Awa winery) OR
2. Take a long lunch at Te Awa, and our shuttle will pick you up and transfer you to your Napier accommodation. Shuttle ride must be pre-booked with your tour.
Day 3: This morning is spent cycling the water trails, a favourite with visitors and locals alike. Cycle up the coast from Ahuriri, passing the popular surf beach of Westshore and out to Bayview and Crab Farm winery. Cycle through the lagoon farmland and ahuriri estuary to Taradale. As you cycle through through this unique wildlife sanctuary, reflect on the fact that before the big earthquake of 1931 all this area was a vast tidal inlet encompassing thousands of hectares of wetland, marshes and mud banks. A visit to New Zealand’s oldest winery, The Mission Estate, and the vibrant Church Road winery is a ‘must do’ before joining the fast cycle trail along the road back to your accommodation.
Day 4: You have options today:
1. A van will pick you up from Napier to travel to Clifton and visit the iconic gannet colony with an Overland Gannet Tour from Clifton to Cape Kidnappers with Gannet Safaris (available from 1 September- 30 April $95pp). Spend the afternoon taking a look around the historical Art Deco city of Napier and do a walking tour where your host will tell you stories from the 1931 earthquake which devastated the city.
Tour price from $850 per person (Final price depends on dates and accommodation choice).
Subject to terms and conditions. Price based on 2 people with double accommodation. NB: there may be a surcharge for twin share or single room.
We make it really easy to get what you want from your cycle tour, flexibility is our thing – just talk to us.
You can choose the distance you ride each day – if you want a pick-up from us to get to your destination quicker we can do that, just let us know. If you want an e-bike to ride, no worries we have them available! We also have 3 different levels of great accommodation to choose from, making your tour the price-point you want.
Choose from the following accommodation levels:
Standard motor lodge $850 per person
Superior boutique hotel/B&B $950 per person
Luxury $350-550/room – please contact us for options!
- Three cycle tours over 2 days
- 3 nights accommodation
- 3x Breakfast
- Scott pathway bikes, helmets, panniers, maps
- Optional van shuttle ride back to accommodation on day two
- Activity and restaurant recommendations and bookings
- Full support while on the trails.
EXTRA add on’s
- E-Bike hire – $50pp per day
- Winery Restaurant lunch and dinner bookings
- Activities – Gannet Tours, Art Deco Walking Tours
- Subject to terms and conditions – read here.